The islands of Vanuatu have a rich and colourful history with unique cultures and traditions and some of the most unspoilt natural beauty in the South Pacific.
Explore Efate, home to the capital of Port Vila, where you will be met with a colourful mix of shops, restaurants, markets and beaches.
Discover Santo, Vanuatu’s largest island, with world famous diving, blue holes and pristine beaches.
Be amazed on the island of Tanna, home to fascinating custom villages and Mount Yasur, one of the world’s most accessible live volcanoes.
These are the three most popular islands in Vanuatu for tourists but there are 83 islands full of hidden gems and natural wonders. For a more remote island experience consider Pentecost, Ambrym, Malekula or another to explore untouched nature and get a rare taste of a more traditional way of life. If you only have hours not days to spare then island hop from Port Vila and discover some of the stunning islands surrounding Efate.
A stunning island nation just hours from Australia and New Zealand, has been right in front of you all along.
Efate is the international gateway to Vanuatu, and is a vibrant island offering a mix of restaurants, bars, shops, markets and more. The capital Port Vila is located around a magnificent natural harbour and is flanked by a stunning lagoon. Waterfalls, blue holes and beaches are scattered around the island and there are plenty of tours to uncover them. Port Vila is the starting point to explore Vanuatu’s other islands. Most are a short flight away but some, including Lelepa, Pele, Nguna and Hat can be accessed by boat.
A 55 minute flight north of Port Vila, lies Vanuatu’s largest island, Santo. Relax on the islands white sand beaches, or head to a blue hole, for a dip in fresh cobalt blue water hidden deep within the jungle. Dive world famous sites such as SS President Coolidge. North of Santo are the Banks and Torres Islands, of Vanua Lava, Mota Lava and Ra. Be mesmerised by volcanic mountains and waterfalls on Vanua Lava. Enjoy magnificent views as you climb the massive rocks on Ra or the Sleeping Mountain on Mota Lava.
Tanna is rich in natural wonders. Visit stunning waterfalls, swim in underwater caves and meet the local people in their traditional Kustom villages. Take a 4WD trip to mighty Mount Yasur, Tanna’s most famous attraction and one of the world’s most accessible active volcanoes, where you will be treated to a magnificent lava display. The Tafea Provence also includes the beautiful islands of Aniwa, Futuna, Erromango, and Aneityum, offering authentic cultural experiences, ancient rainforests and pristine beaches.
Vanuatu’s second largest island, Malekula has a rich cultural offering and is known for having some of the best custom dances in Vanuatu. Stay in a village and witness island tradition as villagers proudly share their history, dances and songs. Adventure enthusiasts can trek through the mountainous and rugged forest-covered interior. Easily accessible via boat are small neighbouring islands, such as Maskelynes along the east coast and Uri and Uripiv, in the north, offering sand beaches and snorkelling.
Volcanic ash and sorcery have earned Ambrym the title of the “black” island. For the very fit and adventurous, a trek to the twin volcanoes, Mt Benbow and Mt Marum, is a must to observe the boiling lava lakes and breathtaking views. Experience authentic culture and traditions, from custom dances and fern masks to sand-drawing and sculpted tom-toms (vertical slit gongs carved from trees). Witness the striking Rom dance unique to Ambrym, where masked “spirits” stomp out ancient rhythms to the beat of the massive tam-tams.
Pentecost is known for the daring land-diving ritual (Naghol) but also boasts pristine rainforests, waterfalls and clear blue waters. The Naghol land diving is said to have inspired modern day bungee jumping and occurs every Saturday between April and June. Visitors can also discover spectacular waterfalls or take a tour of a local village to see traditional dress, and the unique custom of sand drawing. For the more adventurous, climb Mount Vetmar, Pentecost’s second highest mountain and be rewarded with stunning views.
Head off the beaten track to remote outer islands to immerse yourself in the rich culture and traditions which continue to thrive today. Largely untouched by tourism, ancient cultures and pristine landscapes await your discovery. Journey east of Santo to Ambae, a volcanic island with secluded beaches in the south and thick rainforest perfect for hiking, or discover the island of Maewo lined with black sand beaches, dramatic waterfalls, and lush flora and fauna. There are a plethora of islands just waiting to be explored.
Hideaway Island Resort
Stay 7 pay 5 low season dive special from $1,495pp
• Return airfares and taxes ex Brisbane to Port Vila with Air Vanuatu
• Return airport transfers in Port Vila
• 7 nights twin room accommodation at Hideaway Island Resort (shared facilities)
• Continental breakfast daily
• 10 dive package with tanks, weights and dive guide services (scuba gear rental is additional)
• Cultural walk and kava tasting in Mele village (Tuesday afternoons)
• One glass bottom boat ride
• Snorkel safari to Coral Gardens any day at noon
• Use of snorkel gear, kayaks, paddle boat
Book by: 21 Mar 2018
15 Jan - 29 Mar 2018
Bokissa Private Island Resort
$430 per night in a beachfront fare for two adults. Minimum 3 night stay.
• Return airport transfers ex Luganville
• All meals for two adults (this includes a continental/tropical breakfast and table d’hote lunch and dinner)
• $100 resort credit on a minimum 6 night stay
• Children stay for half price ($50 per child under 13 yrs per night including meals and transfers)
Book by: 31 Mar 2018
Travel dates: 1 Jul to 31 Oct 2018
Aoredise – Paradise on Aore Island
Accommodation for up to six people
2 bedroom, 2 bathroom beach-front holiday house on half acre landscaped gardens
3 Nights - $537.00
6 Nights - $1074.00
7 Nights - $1253.00
• Free use of push-bikes and kayak
Book by: 31 May 2018
Travel dates: Until 17 Sept 2018
Tanna Evergreen Resort & Tours
3 nights and 5 tours package deal at Tanna Evergreen Resort for 2 people
• 3 nights – Garden Lower Villa – twin share
• 5 tours:
1. Tanna Ultimate Volcano Safari Full Day Tour (includes full meals)
2. Louinio Primitive Cultural Village Tour
3. Wilderness Waterfall & Beach Picnic Tour
4. Giant Sea Turtle & Traditional Canoe / Snorkeling Tour
5. Blue Cave Tour
• Free Airport Transfer
• Complimentary Arrival Drinks
• Continental Breakfast
• Daily Room Service
• Free Fast Wi-Fi in Guest Lounge
Book by: 31 Mar 2018
From BOOK NOW
Eratap Beach Resort
Save 15% on a 5 night stay in a one bedroom Beachfront Villa
$2,720 for two adults
• Complimentary massage
• daily breakfast
Booking code: ERAOBV5
Travel dates: up to 31 Mar 2018
From 40% Off
Poppy’s on the Lagoon
Poppy's on the Lagoon
Book 90+ days in advance and save 40% off all room categories when you stay 4 or more nights!
• Complimentary continental breakfast daily
• Welcome drink on arrival
• Free use of kayaks
• Free Wi-Fi in restaurant
• Free use of stand up paddle boards
Booking code: ADVANCE
Book by: 13 Mar 2018
Travel dates: until 31 Mar 2019
The Havannah Vanuatu
3 nights for $1,620
4 nights for $2,040
7 nights for $3,570
• Full English breakfast a la carte
• Daily Port Vila shuttle
• Nightly turn down service
• Welcome drink on arrival
• Complimentary use of non-motorised water sports equipment
• Complimentary Wi-Fi in all villas and public areas
• Complimentary local flowers in the room on arrival
• Complimentary sunset cruise each evening
Bonus 4 nights or more:
• Romantic picnic lunch (bottle of sparkling wine or white wine or red wine and snorkeling gear) for two including boat transfers and drop off to a secluded beach location.
Book by: Year round special
Travel dates: up to 31 Mar 2018
29 Jan - 12 Feb 2018
Deluxe self-contained apartments in a beachfront resort from $175 per night (includes up to 3 guests)
Stay 3 nights pay $525 (30% off)
Stay 5 nights pay $815 (35% off)
Stay 7 nights pay $1,141 (35% off)
• Free Wifi
• Kayaks / tennis table
• Outdoor gym
• BBQ area
Book by: 30 Jun 2018
Travel dates: up to 31 Mar 2019
1 Apr – 29 Apr, 29 June – 22 July, 28 Sept – 14 Oct, 21 Dec – 13 Jan
From 50% OFF
Chantilly’s on the Bay
Stay a minimum of 3 nights and save 50% off accommodation
Booking code: S3S50
Book by: 28 Feb 2018
Travel dates: 01 Feb - 28 Mar 2018
• Minimum 3 nights stay
• Contract rates apply for additional adults
• Offer non-cumulative with any other offer
• These rates include taxes